Top Ad 728x90

Thursday 7 November 2019

JOSHUA THE 'ATOPA' VILLAGE TEACHER: part one


Teaching is not for everybody but for the few who are called by God to make an impact in the lives of others,go and make yourselves proud.

These words by the Vice President of the country who was the special guest of honor at our graduation are still fresh in my memory.

The day for our posting came and I was praying to God to grant my wish to be posted to a place of my choice,  specifically Accra.

To my disappointment but to the joy of my village witches, I was 'thrown' to one of the villages in Kojoga district called Sasamaku. Infact, upon hearing the name, my appetite for food that evening vanished into thin air.

My mother tried comforting me but that didn't change my mood. I slept without eating but had to wake up in the middle of the night to take some tea since I couldn't stand the punishment I was giving myself.

The following day which was a Friday, I was left with no option than to prepare and journey to Sasamaku and start working as a professional teacher.

I made a tall list of things that would be useful to my stay as a man.

I went to the market and bought the things that I would need.

On Sunday at about 10:00am,  I set off from home to Sasamaku.

It was while in the car that I remembered I didn't buy 'weapon of mass destruction' aka condom.
Upon seeing a nearby pharmacy,  I deceived the driver that I was not feeling well so I needed to get some medicine.

He quickly agreed and I finally got my last 'apor' for the 'examination'.

After two hours of traveling,  I finally arrived in Sasamaku. Due to the bad nature of the road,  my white t-shirt changed its colour to brown and my black hair wasn't an exception.

I quickly asked to be directed to the headmistress' house.
A good looking boy helped me with my luggage to my final destination.

Within five minutes we were standing in front of her door which I gently knocked.

A woman in her mid-thirties opened the door and welcomed me with a broad smile. Without saying a word,  she called my name and said she received a letter from the District Director of Education about my posting there so she had been expecting me like the second coming of Christ.

I gave her a smile and thanked her and the little boy for helping me. She joyfully packed my things inside and showed me a room close to hers and told me we will share the kitchen and the washroom.

Coming soon: part two..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top Ad 728x90